Online:false websites and phishing
Some scams take the form of mass mailings of emails offering tax rebates, which may appear to be from the Spanish Tax Agency (AEAT) or its executives, using AEAT logos.These scams often refer to some information which must be provided to get the tax rebate.
These fraudulent mailings, known as “phishing”, refer to a non-existent tax refund benefiting the receiver of the e-mail.In order to receive the money, the recipient has to go to a website where they are asked to give their bank account and credit card details.
The aim of the criminals is to steal the victim’s personal or bank details, either by referring them to a fake website that impersonates that of the Tax Agency or by making them download files with viruses.
Do not answer these messages, they are an attempt to commit fraud by impersonating the Tax Agency.
This is not the first time that this type of mail or SMS has been used, which is why raising awareness and informing citizens is essential.We recommend:
- Do not open messages from unknown or unsolicited users - delete them straight away.
- Not answering these messages under any circumstances.
- Take caution when following links in emails even if they are from known contacts.
- Take caution when downloading email attachments even from known contacts.
Remember, the best way to combat phishing is not to respond to suspicious communications that include a request for bank details.
The Tax Agency reminds you that:
- We never request your confidential, financial or personal information, account numbers or card numbers by email, and we never send attachments with invoice information or any other data.
- We never pay rebates via credit cards or debit cards.
- We never charge for the services we provide.Users only have to pay part of the cost of calls to 901 telephone numbers.
The Tax Agency is the owner of the website comprising the Portal (domain name:“www.agenciatributaria.es”) and the e-Office (domain names:“sede.agenciatributaria.gob.es”, “www.agenciatributaria.gob.es”, "www1.agenciatributaria.gob.es", "www2.agenciatributaria.gob.es", "www3.agenciatributaria.gob.es", "www6.agenciatributaria.gob.es", "www8.ia.agenciatributaria.gob.es", "www9.agenciatributaria.gob.es", "www10.agenciatributaria.gob.es", "www12.agenciatributaria.gob.es", collectively referred to as the “AEAT website”).
Always remember that any Tax Agency procedure involving a payment to you will take place on the AEAT website, under secure e-commerce conditions.
Also, the Tax Agency expressly prohibits the use of frames or any other third-party mechanisms that alter the design, the original configuration or content of any of the domains described in this security notice.