2015 regulations newsSkip information index
Act 48/2015, of 29 October, on the general state budgets for 2016 (Official State Gazette of 31 October)
I. Reduction in income resulting from specific intangible assets
Article 62 modifies sections 1, 2 and 3 of article 23 of the Corporation Tax Act 27/2014, establishing that, taking effect from 1 July 2016, the calculation method of the tax incentive from the reduction of income from certain intangible assets is modified.
As of the indicated date, the income referred to in section 1 of article 23 will be entitled to a reduction in the tax base in the percentage resulting from multiplying the result of the following coefficient by 60 percent:
- Numerator: direct expenses directly related to the creation of the asset, excluding those derived from subcontracting with related third parties, increased by 30 percent, without the numerator being able to exceed the amount of the denominator.
- Denominator: direct costs directly related to the creation of the asset, and, where applicable, to the acquisition of the asset.
In no case shall financial expenses, repayments or other non-related expenses be directly included in the creation of the asset.
II. Obligation to file Corporation Tax returns.
Article 63 establishes, for taxpaying periods starting from 1 January 2015, that the taxpayers referred to in section 3 of article 9 of this Act are not obliged to file a tax return when they fulfil the following requirements:
- their total income does not exceed 75,000 euros a year.
- That the income corresponding to non-exempt income does not exceed 2,000 euros per year.
- All non-exempt income obtained is subject to withholding.
III. Temporary regime of the reduction of income from certain intangible assets.
Article 64 modifies, with effect from July 1, 2016, the twentieth transitional provision, allowing transfers of the right to use or exploit intangible assets made before September 29, 2013 to choose to apply the regime. of article 23 regulated in RDL 4/2004 in the wording given by 16/2007.
IV. Conversion of assets for deferred tax as credit payable to the Tax Administration.
Article 65 modifies articles 11, 130 and the thirty-third transitory provision and it adds the thirteenth additional provision, for fiscal years starting from 1 January 2016.
- A paragraph is added to section 12 of article 11 establishing the regime applicable to provisions for deterioration not deducted by the application of articles 13.1.a) and sections 1 and 2 of article 14.
- Article 130 establishes as a limit to the conversion in credit payable to the Tax Administration, the amount equal to the positive net tax liability corresponding to the tax period of the generation of assets for deferred tax.
- The thirteenth additional provision establishes a patrimonial provision for the conversion of assets for deferred tax in credit payable to the Tax Administration consisting of 1.5 per cent of the total amount of these assets existing on the last day of the tax period corresponding to Corporation Tax.
- The thirty-third transitory provision establishes the regime applicable to the conversion of assets for deferred tax generated in periods starting before 1 January 2016 in credit payable to the Tax Administration.
de Presupuestos Generales del Estado para el año 2016.