Minimum Living Income and ERTE
We inform you about everything related to the Minimum Living Income and ERTE
Minimum Living Income
In 2021 I received the Minimum Living Income. What are the implications for my tax return?
- Beneficiaries of the IMV must file a declaration for IRPF, regardless of the amount of their income.
- The IMV itself is exempt income and the vast majority of beneficiaries will not have to include it in their tax return, but will have to file a tax return.
- Amounts exceeding 11,862.90 euros (1.5 times the Public Indicator of Multiple Effect Income, IPREM ) must be declared as earned income. In the event that, together with the IMV, other aid is received for groups at risk of social exclusion, such as the minimum insertion income, guaranteed income and similar aid from CC.AA. and town councils, only the excess must be declared and taxed.
- In the vast majority of cases, the declaration will be very simple, with no income to include.In many cases, the tax liability will be zero (neither payable nor refundable), so that if no other income has been obtained, the boxes on the tax return will appear with a zero amount.
- The Minimum Vital Income does not in itself generate the right to the deduction for maternity, nor to the deductions for large families or disabled dependents.
Preparation of your income tax return IRPF (Renta WEB 2021)
Through Renta WEB you can easily confirm the draft offered by the Agency:
- The tax data will already include the proportional part of the IMV that corresponds to each member of the cohabitation unit.The taxpayer only has to upload the information to Renta WEB and confirm the return.
- In cases where there is an amount subject to tax because it exceeds the exempt amount, all the necessary information can also be uploaded to Renta WEB and confirmed in an equally simple way.
In the case of families benefiting from the IMV with minor children, it is recommended that a joint declaration be submitted by all members of the family if the parents are married.In the absence of marriage, one parent may file a joint tax return with the children and the other parent may file an individual tax return.
Example:Taxpayer who received the following benefits in 2021:Minimum living income 2,280.85, Renta mínima de inserción:7,567.40, Other aid from CC.AA. and EE.LL. of a social nature:2,800, Other aid from CC.AA. and EE.LL. of a social nature:1,200
The sum of all aid amounts to 13,848.25 (exceeds the exemption limit of 11,862.90 euros).
Therefore, €1,985.35 (13,848.25 - 11,862.90) will automatically be included in personal income from work.
This information is displayed in Renta WEB by clicking on "See transferred data" with the following text:
"Exempt income exceeding the exempt limit of 11,862.90 €. The amounts from the minimum insertion income, minimum living income or other social assistance from CC.AA. or EE.LL. that exceed the exempt limit of 11,862.90 € (1.5 * IPREM) have been included in your tax return under personal income from work (box 3 page 4)".
Information and assistance services of the AEAT
In order to make it easier for taxpayers to file their returns, the AEAT offers a series of information and assistance services:
Telephone helpline to resolve doubts about the 2021 Income Tax Campaign
Income Information phone line:91 554 87 70 / 901 33 55 33 (Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., Spanish time).
Provision of certain services
From 8 March:Obtaining the reference number, which allows access to Renta 2021 services.
From 16 March:Access to tax data and download of the 'app'.
Telephone declaration preparation service 'Le Llamamos' plan
From on 5 May, the AEAT provides taxpayers with a return preparation service, in which the AEAT calls, prepares and submits the return on behalf of the taxpayer.
It will be necessary to make an appointment online (https://sede.agenciatributaria.gob.es) and 'app', or by calling 91 535 73 26 / 901 12 12 24 (automatic service) and 91 553 00 71 / 901 22 33 44, from 3 May to 29 June 2022 (from 9 am to 7 pm Monday to Friday, peninsular time).
We will call you from 5 May on the day and time agreed.
In-office declaration service
From on 1 June, taxpayers can go to the offices of the AEAT for assistance in preparing and filing their Renta 2021 tax return.
It will be necessary to obtain prior appointment by internet (https://sede.agenciatributaria.gob.es) and 'app', or by telephone 91 553 00 71 / 901 22 33 44, from 26 May to 29 June 2022 (from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday to Friday, peninsular time).
We will meet you at the centre of your choice, on the day and time requested.
NOTIFICATION: For more information, please consult the Rent Informer via the following link .In the event that you do not obtain the necessary information, and this is indicated in the reply, additional help is available in the form of a real time CHAT with specialists from the AEAT on the subject, whose opening hours are from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (peninsular time).