Skip information index
Invoicing obligation, exceptions, types of invoices and contents
Recommendations for numbering of Invoices
The recommendation to allocate the Invoice Series/Number is the following:
- Recommended set of characters: 0123456789ABCDEFEGHJKLMNPQRSTUVXYZ. We do not recommend you use lower-case letters.
- Blank space: if you use this only one character will be used, and never any more.
- Special characters: Dash '-', underscore '_', forward slash '/' and full stop '.'.
- If the invoice identification includes the Series, we recommend that this comes first, followed by the invoice number with a space in between.
- The invoice number must not start with blanks (therefore text adjusted to the left).