Special Register of Operators of Pneumatic and Semi-Rigid High Speed Craft, and authorisation of use
Individuals or legal persons who are in legal possession of inflatable and semi-rigid boats which, according to RD-Law 16/2018, are considered as prohibited goods, and for which they carry out activities of manufacture, repair, reform, circulation, possession or trade of the boats mentioned in this section, as well as navigation at any point in internal waters, Spanish territorial sea or contiguous zone.
They will be considered prohibited goods, for the purposes of Royal Decree-Law 16/2018, and with the exceptions established therein
a) Inflatable and semi-rigid vessels suitable for use in maritime navigation and meeting any of the following characteristics:
All vessels whose hull, including the pneumatic structure, is less than or equal to 8 meters in overall length, who have a maximum power, regardless of the number of engines, equal to or greater than 150 kilowatts.
All vessels whose hull, including the pneumatic structure if any, is greater than 8 metres in overall length.
b) Inflatable or semi-rigid vessels other than those described in the previous paragraph, as well as any other vessel and small ship when there is evidence of the existence of elements or rational indications that show the intention to use them to commit or to facilitate the commission of a smuggling act.
The following inflatable and semi-rigid vessels shall not qualify as prohibited goods:
- Those assigned to national defence.
- Those considered to be foreign ships or State vessels that are legally in Spanish waters.
- The vessels of the State Security Forces and Corps and of the State Tax Administration Agency attached to the Customs Surveillance Service.
- Those used for the fulfilment of their purposes by other State bodies, autonomous communities and cities, local entities or by public bodies linked to or dependent on them, as well as those attached to international organisations recognised as such in the Kingdom of Spain.
- Auxiliary vessels, irrespective of their length, which are effectively and exclusively assigned to the service of a main vessel.
Prior to the commencement of activities of manufacture, repair, alteration, circulation, possession or trade of the aforementioned vessels, as well as navigation at any point in internal waters, Spanish territorial sea or contiguous zone.
Registration in the Special Register of Operators of high-speed inflatable and semi-rigid vessels does not in itself exclude the vessel from being considered as prohibited goods, for the purposes of the provisions of section 12 of article 1 of Organic Law 12/1995, dated 12 December, on the Repression of Smuggling, and AUTHORISATION OF USE is also required.
See HELP on this page.
An application for authorisation of use must be submitted for each of the vessels with the characteristics listed in the RD-Law to be considered as prohibited goods, for which the operator intends to carry out any manufacturing, repair, alteration, circulation, possession or trade activity, as well as navigation at any point in internal waters, Spanish territorial sea or contiguous zone.The application for authorisation of use shall be submitted after the application for registration of the operator, without waiting for a decision on this application.
See HELP on this page.
The application procedures for registration and authorisation of use may only be carried out through the procedures on this page.
Such applications may be made through:
- E-certificate or e-DNI
- Cl@ve PIN.The operator.This is possible for all persons or entities identified in Spain (i.e. who have a DNI, NIF or NIE), who must access using one of the forms of identification and signature authorised by Public Administrations: In the event that the operator does not have a DNI, NIF or NIE in Spain, the application must be made MANDATORY through a representative established in Spain who has said DNI, NIF or NIE.
- Through a representative, who in any case must be established in Spain and identified by means of a DNI, NIF or NIE, in accordance with the following possibilities:
- In the event that the representative DOES have the status of Social Collaborator, said representative may directly process the application for registration using their electronic certificate.
- In the event that the representative does NOT have the status of Social Collaborator, the represented operator must previously authorise the representative who will carry out the procedure, by means of the POWER OF ATTORNEY Registration in the following path on our website: